Thanksgiving is Almost Here!
The holiday Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, but thanksgiving has flooded my heart already this year! I find myself overcome with joy at the little things in my life; things that many people take for granted or never even take time to enjoy. Things that my friend who lost her battle with cancer this week will never get to experience again.
What a wakeup call this has been for me! I am often guilty of not enjoying the good things in life because I allow the things that seem more urgent to occupy my time. As I take a moment and think about what I want my children to remember about our times together, my priority list changes; drastically! I hope that you will take a minute and reflect on the blessings you have in your life and take time to enjoy the priceless moments as they present themselves each day.
My cup overflows with thanksgiving for these treasures, both great and small…
- A Savior that has transformed my life and pointed me in the right direction.
- A loving husband that supports me and wants me to be here nurturing our family.
- Little boys that still love for mom to pray with them and sing to them while I cuddle them before bed.
- Wynken, Blynken & Nod goodnight kisses for almost 25 years!
- The opportunity I had this week to drive a small car while the only passenger was one young enough to want to hold my hand at the red lights.
- Memories of holding my older children’s hands at the red lights so many years ago…before we drove huge vans and airbags prevented them from sitting up front.
- Children that look for the opportunity to share from the depths of their heart.
- Afternoon tea with some of your best friends, who also happen to be my mom and my daughters.
- Living next door to my parents.
- Children that are willing to take a stand for what they believe.
- Friends that encourage me to keep fighting the good fight.
- Laughter and conversation around the family meal table.
- Walking through the woods with the boys as we go to see the fort they have been working on.
- The opportunity to homeschool my children.
- The fun and adventure that so easily find their way into our homes.
- The love that fills our hearts and home.
- This list could go on and on, but those that bless my life so abundantly are waiting for me to join them for homemade peach cobbler!
Those things listed about are everyday things; they are the things that memories are made of and the things that no amount of money can buy. But they are the things that make us rich! They are the things that fill my heart with thanksgiving and joy. Because we don’t know what tomorrow holds, make the most of the time you have today. Live life to the fullest, not out of fear that we’ll miss something, but out of a desire to have abundant life!